Four adjoining buildings that date back to the 1850s house Hôtel Nelligan’s 44 rooms, 59 suites and 2 expansive penthouses. The main entrance sits directly on rue Saint-Paul, a street first paved in the 17th century that now offers an abundance of drinks, dining and entertainment. From the hotel’s opposite end, you’re treated to the majestic Saint Lawrence River and Old Port, which stretch out along historic rue de la Commune.
Step inside. Dark-wood and brass furnishings adorn the structure’s warm lobby while a four-story atrium floats high above running fountains and vegetation. The rooms all maintain original stone walls while abundant natural light flows through the spaces, greeting you like an old friend. Everything is detail-oriented; high-end amenities pepper lavish accommodations. And beyond your room, concierge services attend to every step of your visit.
Also on site, Verses Bistro, inspired by Montreal’s eclectic gastronomic scene, offers comforting dishes showcasing local products. No matter the season, Verses Bistro showcases what local merchants have to offer. Hence, freshness is the essential ingredient in each plate. As for the wine selection, the sommelier introduces us to a rich variety of notes and flavors, with a diverse and carefully selected wine list. Recognized as one of Montreal’s best restaurants over the last 15 years, Verses Bistro is a nod to poetry, not only in its name, but mainly because it offers creativity, inspiration and precision to all its guests.
– 105 rooms including 59 suites and 2 penthouses
– Private, pillar-free banquet room accommodating up to 200 guests
– 4 private conference rooms with modern amenities
– Verses Bistro: a sophisticated and accessible contemporary cuisine
– Méchant Boeuf: an upbeat hub with live music, a raw bar and delicious late-night menu
– Terrasse Nelligan: a popular rooftop hangout that overlooks the Old Port and St. Paul Street.